Tuesday, June 12, 2012

who died?


Dear Blog Reader:

I hope this finds you doing well. I am pretty good. As you can probably tell from the rapid redeployment of this blog, I have a lot on my mind this week. I must admit though that when the assassin deer take control there is little room up there for much else. Now that those demons have been expelled, my mind turns to other more pleasant thoughts.

Specifically, my thoughts have turned to Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip. That's right this past weekend England celebrated the diamond jubilee.  Queen Elizabeth has been on the throne for 60 years. You would have thought that a former world power would have advanced farther than that in perfecting pharmaceutical laxatives for their royalty.  Oh well.

My thoughts have really been on Phillip and what a prince of a guy he is. In this age of power marriages of convenience, he and Elizabeth really seem to have a good thing going. I hope so. I just hate to see these celebrity unions break up in the checkout lanes of our supermarkets. "Clean up on aisle 'I do'."

Not that their marriage hasn't had its rough patches. All marriages do. I am sure that  Prince Phillip has awoke in the middle of the night after a heated spat and thought to himself "who died and made her queen?"

Take care

Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment