Monday, May 6, 2013

Take that Graber?


Dearest blog reader.

I hope that this finds you doing well.  I am fine. I just finished day two of the Cover Indiana Tour, or as I affectionately call it The Road Kill of Indiana Tour. It appears that the opossum is the most hapless of the woodland creatures at crossing the road. Maybe the denizens of southwestern Indiana have a special antipathy against this ugly animal.  I guess that it could be that they are simply the most plentiful of the road crossers. Certainly a question that requires further study and pondering.  I guess that 73 miles wasn't enough to ponder such a difficult question.  It does appear that the people of southwestern Indiana believe in overkill. We are talking flapjack road kill out on the highways and byways between Crawfordsville and Terre Haute; multiple strikes.

Good news for the condition of young adult male hood.  Linda is surrounded by three apparently nice young men this evening. They are a little slow, but they do show potential.

I did the coolest thing today.  You may not believe it.  It is true. I have witnesses.  If you don't believe me, maybe you should buy me a helmet mounted Gopro camera. You could live vicariously through me and experience this cool thing that I did today and any future assassin deer attacks on YouTube. Wait for it. Wait for it. I passed an Amish horse and buggy today on a bike. Take that Graber. I not only passed him; I passed him like his one trick pony was moving backwards. So cool.

Thanks to the LeVine family for your new financial support for the ride. You're the tops. As such your shingle money will go a long way.  Thanks also to Beverly Sharritt, today's sponsor. I tried to find Godess of Love ice cream as a fitting tribute. So I lift my spoon to you, Beverly, in salute as I eat raspberry ripple ice cream.

Bev has stumped me. She asked that I write a song about the ride; which technically, is a type not a topic. What do I know about writing songs? Very little. I did dabble at one time. I had a guitar during our courtship and I whipped up a couple of songs for her. Thankfully the haze of new love has provided her with memories of me being a better lyricist than I believe that I am.

Enough procrastination,

There are paths of road kill, a spring of rain
I just passed Graber. My butt's in pain
It is time we're aware
Riding a bike is a bear
Its a big world after all


CHORUS
Its a big world after all
Its a big world after all
Its a big world after all
Its a big, big world

There is just one Bev, the lovely one
Goddess of love ice cream would set the sun
There was none it's too bad
Yes, it does make me sad
Its a big world after all

Chorus

The last stanza could use a little work, but it is time for bed.

Take care

Roger



No comments:

Post a Comment